Thursday, October 09, 2008

Mamma Mia

Alright alright, so people do read this stuff I write.. haha.. Thanks for the lurrve.. Here goes abit of nothing..
Watched Mamma Mia. Verdict?LOOOOVED IT!!!
Well there were scenes where I thought maybe Meryl Streep was singing abit too much and really really.. Hearing & watching Pierce Brosnan sing...Nevermind sing.. love songs, serenading songs.. but dancing.. in..Tights... Now That's trippy. Truthfully I thought Sophie (Amanda) was alittle too cute for her fiancee... really. Loooove the HippieNess of the whole show.. the dresses were just gorgeousness. And totally looove the messy undone hair that Donna(Meryl) & Sophie(Amanda) wore through the show.. One of the many oddball moments when Mr ex-007 serenades Donna (meryl)
But really I must must say, Amanda Seyfried really amazed me by how unblonde she can be.. seriously, those of you who've watched Mean Girls will know exactly what I'm talking about. She's simply transformed and I'm pretty sure she'll never be labelled "Blonde" after this show, plus her crisp voice enchanted me.. I like.. i like..

Amanda Seyfried as Karen in movie "Mean Girls"

On the other hand.. HOW CAN COLIN FIRTH END UP GAY!?!?!? I was all shrivelled up in my seat towards the end of the show. But overall, I give this show 9/10. Losing that one point to the fact that Meryl Streep sang a tact too much (which was slowing down the show quite abit in the cliff scene) in comparisn to Amanda, thought I'd hear more of her in the movie.
Now compare time...
Mamma Mia vs HairSpray = MAMA MIA!!
Mamma Mis vs Moulin rouge = MAMA MIA!!

I still strongly feel Amanda's voice's better than Nicole Kidman, although she's tops when it comes to acting and etc. etc. but really.. Nic can't sing too well... yup, hate me but that's my opinion and you're reading MY BLOG...haha Night before wedding Party scene
Thought this was far more fun in comparisn to Hairspray and I kinda like the fact that like a real musical, anyone and EVERYONE was singing, even the helpers. Instead of having someone singing on the streets and the rest of the world just don't seem to be affected or even kmow of her existence.. Moulin Rouge was just way sad for my taste... the main dying and all, not really my cup of tea.

For those of you who haven't got the chance/time to see this movie, do it cos it'll really make your day, it's light hearted, funny and upbeat. In this time of stock/financial crisis, this is one of my top choices of movies to watch this Autumn to put everyone's mood in the right place, all ready for holiday, enjoyment and christmas =)

So yes, put 10bucks aside this weekend as I highly recommend you watch this in the theatre with many other random people, BIG SCREEN and surround yourself with blasting music rather than a small computer screen at home with sucky sound and resolution. It's worth, trust me. Put on your shiny 60's tights if you have to and tap to the beat.

Yup so now you know, my latest, favourite movie musical.Amanda Seyfried (Sophie)
Thanks for reading!!
Till then..

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home