Monday, November 23, 2009

21st Nov 09

More than 24hours since I did my TC examination with Mrs Richards.
So far so good,
I've been feeling great this whole post-examination period.
Was super nervous about the whole exam, but luckily, I could answer all the questions she popped.
It's bloody scary,
she asked Martin (Mr. Pianist) to come in right at the beginning of the exam...
Woohoo.. I thought... I'm gonna totally embarrass myself in front of a friend... Then, the not so bad happened.
Martin was tabbing this PSP half the time he wasn't required. Which was pretty cool, rather that than him staring at me during my questionaires....
Then came the dancing part. Did okay, seriously, only OKAY... I'm not what I use to be (sadly) leg's not as high... But overall, she's still happy.

At the end of the examination, I was told that I had used alot of "Young vocabulary" Some she even wrote down to use herself when she goes back. And generally she was very happy with my performance and my HAPPY MANNER while teaching my kids. That's good to know.

This exam's passing is so much more than just another certification, it's when someone comes in, a person who's seen many others teach, tells you that you're on the right track and more. It gives me such a sense of fulfillment knowing that all the teaching, coming up with new exercises and new ways to teaching technique to kids of different age groups has paid off. All that time spent worthwhile.

Happy to say, after the 21st of November 2009, me, Cai Jia Ying has become a certifide ballet teacher, although it's CSTD and not RAD, it is a new syllabus I have grown to love, having to teach it this few years has allowed me to look deeper into it's beauty. Nope, not another Pro-RAD teacher. I've learnt them both as a student and now taught them both, I have respect for both syllabi and will only continue to further myself to one day be able to work out a system that'll include both systems when teaching my grrls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home