Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Evently week Pt.1

Been to too many blogs this couple of days then came realisation "Hmmmm... I haven't been updating mine!!" So here goes...

Been an eventful eventful week, let's begin with last Monday =)

No pictures for that but in short, SACPS had their 'Big Heart' Concert, in celebration of their 200 years of Canossian Institute. Found a vid on Youtube, thanks to one of our grrl Sara's sister, this is one of three shot dances Miss Penny choreoggraphed for the evening, also the opening piece of the celebration concert.
Performed by our P4 Ballet grrls


Nope, my day did not simply pass me by, it was also the 1st day of exams for my CSTD Majors bunch & I couldn't be there to support =(

The ladies however, made it to one anothers' exams over the next 3days, including mine!! Thank you!! =)


About 3/4 into my Monday, loads of Gel, lippies, Gel, hairtie.. Miss Gina, Miss Gina, Miss Gina later, few of my ladies, Zi Qi, Valerie and Regina went all the way from Qi's place after their little hangout session with the rest, to Heartland Mall @ Kovan and bought me my new favourite BBT from Cup Walker!! Yay!!! (Seriously I'm HOOKED)
Okay okay, enough about my obsession.. they then travelled all the way to PLMGSS to company the lonely me. Ahhh... you have no idea how it feels like holding to that cuppa happiNESSS!!!
Afterwhich we chat so through the performance... erm... yeah.. Miss Penny had purchased an extra ticket but....hahhaa.. sorry!!
Alright now... Tuesday
Went to work at SACPS, not quite like usual haha... I reckon after working under Miss Penny for so long, she's realised I'm not a morning person, thus on Monday evening after the performance, she told me that I didn't have to report early for work on this day, instead, I just had to turn up to teach the afternoon classes Hip Hipppie Hoooray!!
But yeap, blogging about this Tuesday cos it's special.. yes it is.. Cos the next day at 3.15pm is my majors exam!! my gaaaawd.. tell you..Not knowing your work well is the worst feeling just a day before stepping into the exam studio. Head home right after work and started prancing around the leisure area of my room (Not like it's Gianormous, thus for most of it, I was marking)
Good thing was Mr Joo and I have been planning for a trip to Taiwan and it's been nothing but empty talk, checking out flights and hotels and getting rejection on almost everything... Until THEN.... We went to the SIA website like any other day we would, the flight cost went down!! Just like that!! the sweet deal for 2 to go!! Yay!!! Plus we finally found this Jap designed hotel,(Hotel 73) although it's not near to XMT in Taipei or anything but it kinda fit my level of cleanliness and our budget & the overall Atasness we wanted for this trip and yesss... ROOMS WERE AVAILABLE!! YAY!! YAY!!!Yup, booked both flight and room, Taipei here we come!! One thing down, big day follows...
and this people.. is just the beginning to my short but fat list of Happiness over the next 24 hours =D
I got up early, by default , must have been the nerves that woke me, decided what the heck, started my journey to Tribal council.. Okay, for peeps who's been wondering what kinda madness is the whole tribe thingy about!? Here's it, long story really short, I began teaching my then CSTD Grade 6 grrls about a 1.5years ago and Mrs Simon came in and taught them their chracter dance and we thought it looked like a tribel dance thanks to all the prancing around and stuff.. thus the TRIBE. My RAD grrls are the PINKIES for now... you'll find out why later..
yup.
TRIBE: CSTD Majors
PINKIES: RAD Majors
I cabbed down to Heartland Mall @ Kovan once again (Told you I was addicted), bought myself some good Ol' Pudding Milk Tea and just when I was leaving, got a call from TRIBE saying Adeline (My Ele grrl) had a bad sprain towards the end of her exam. Detoured to Cold Storage and bought a bag of Frozen peas (Frozen peas/Mix Veg are GREAT for icing injuries as they don't give froze bites) hopped on to another cab and off I went to Kallang P.A. where the majors exams are held yearly.
Half way there, got a text message from Miss Penny saying she's got excellent news.. I thought gosh.. the RAD results are in!!! And yess.. I was RIGHT.. She calmly said "Gina, your grrls did great" and in my pea brain head I was thinking Great =.. THere are failures but good passing rate. Then came HEAVEN... Actually part of the class hasn't heard of the news yet.. haha.. but yeap, here's the conversation:
Miss Penny: Gina, your grrls did great.
Me: Pea Brain thoughts....
Miss Penny "They ALL PASSED!!!!"
Me out loud: OOO MY GOD!!!!
Miss Penny: Gina!! Congratulations!!! Both our dreams!! You made my dream come true!!
Me: Oooo My God!!! *Then I cried.. No really CRIED**
I thanked her and thanked her and thanked her.. she thanked me, i thanked her somemore.
All in all, Shoutout to my Beloved RADs, YOU'VE DONE SUPERB!! Thanks for believing in me and going through hell for the one year!!!
No one thought they'd pass, even Miss Penny when a year ago, I posted the challenge of sending majority of the class to their majors exam. We've done it!! YAY YAY!!!
Hardwork paid off really.. Oh..
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MISS PENNY!! HOPE YOU LIKE YOUR PRESENT!!
Turned up at my exam eyes still wet from happiness. Did my warmup, chat with my grrls, as I was going in with 3 others I didn't know, it was kinda stressful, cos if my memory does fail me in the midst of it all, no one'll be there to back my brain up.. Luckily I had a few of my grrls there to calm my nerves mefore I went in.. =)
And yeap, Next bestest thingy happened, I remembered every exercise the way they should be ( or at least the way I taught them) and for the very 1st time, I did my dance fullout with zero mistakes and full blown smiley faced. Got all the free enchainements she'd given.
Well Done me!!
I could tell by the 3rd exercise at the Barre she didn't quite like me as she hardly looked at me. One of the other 3 grrls was skinny and had like the ballet look you know.. yup. felt neglected..
But I did my very best ad I reckon I did pretty well, considering the limited no. of hours I clock actually physically going through that blooody long syllabus.
Erm.. that's actually not the end of my week, I'm at Wednesday yeah? Will continue tomorrow =) It just keeps gettin' better.. Do check back!! As following entries will have loads more picstures and less typing boringness =)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home